Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Colours


Colour scheme is now determined. The prelaminated panels should take a nice gloss carbon finish. I obviously can’t do this to the faired taping, so they can have narrow bands of gloss paint. So what colour?
Foils are green, but green on boats is not lucky and I don’t think looks good with carbon.
Bladerider has taken red+carbon and white+carbon – otherwise excellent choices.
Blue+carbon didn’t look good in the test renders I did.
Purple+carbon would look alright if it wasn’t so gay.
Nick suggested metallic paint – I liked Silver+Carbon and he was keen on blinging it up with gold+carbon.
Unfortunately I cannot brush metallic paint so it is out for now. Tins of silver from supercheap may not be out of the question tho…

I like yellow and carbon. I will paint the seams yellow and hope it doesn’t look too much like a bumble bee. See the render below.



No comments:

Post a Comment