Monday, January 14, 2013

Australian Nationals 2013 - Day 3, 4, 5, 6

All done, I accomplished my goal - boat and I finish every race and i beat a pleasing number of M2s and BRs. I can say I have doubled my pace around the course relative to the front runners since last year, now finishing two laps in the time the leaders are doing three. My final result was 53rd out of 69 winning me the prize of 'lowest place who finishing every heat'. This won me a zhik shirt and gloves. 

Goals for next year - get onto the third lap sailing on my own design/build foils.
Immediate boat work - bin the tension system, service the tiller mechanism, carbon spreaders and new tramps. 

Nick finished 50th consistently beating me by up to 3-7 places but was dragged back down after suffering a bout of the whimpies on day 3. I'll let him pick his own goals and put his photos in a separate post. 

Some photos below. More photos here. Full results here





No comments:

Post a Comment