Sunday, October 28, 2012

PB Speed Records

Not much in the grand scheme of things, but today Markla, Rob and myself went out at Lake Samsonvale just north of Brisbane for some big wind and flat water.

Markla and I set new pb speed records. (Below is for our archives as much as anything.)

10 seconds
Markla - 22.3 knots
Narkla - 23.6 knots
Rob - 22.1 knots

5 seconds
Markla - 23.2 knots
Narkla - 23.95 knots (because Markla won't let me round up to 24.0)

200 metre
Markla - 21.7 knots
Narkla -22.9 knots

Peak
Markla - 24.9 knots
Narkla - 25.6 knots
Rob - 22.8 knots (speedpcuk) (but he wasn't trying, pfft, boat retired hurt before the wind really kicked in)




2 comments:

  1. Ha, retired hurt is ok, pitty I didn't have time to fiddle with the ride height to fix that ventilating rudder. Come on down to the bay next Sunday and see what you can do in salt water. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, uploaded some on-board video of crashes.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2UvgTYW1vA

    Pretty boring, but handy to see that sometimes there was no rudder input when ventilation occurred. I think I was just flying too high downwind. I don't think this has happened in slat water, maybe a bigger issue in fresh water? Making a new gantry so I can use the longer Assassin rudder instead.

    ReplyDelete