Wednesday, February 11, 2009

RAISE YOU ASSASSIN


N4rkla and I were going to do some training on saturday, but I couldn't make it to the yacht club until midday. When I got there it was blowing a little and he asked me if I really wanted to go yachting, or the two of us go to the shipyard and work on SLINO.

What a n00b! Free labour - what was I going to say!

So we fully test rigged the boat. Appart from seeing the boat standing on the foils there was nothing eventful. Everything went together well. Not much was missing from Stress Less - the unwitting surrogate.

We also proof loaded the gantry by putting our combined bodyweight on the rear wing bar - the boat was supported as shown and under the CB case.

7 comments:

  1. Looks really good. Even with the green foils.

    Did you bounce wile hanging onto the rear bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not much bouncing, didn't think it was necessary with both our weight.

    Markla hasn't put up the photos of God's gift to downhaul. You can't really see it in the first shot. It is a superb!

    Still a couple of niggly little things to do. Maybe if the Great Race gets blown out we can finish those off one day this weekend...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Al.

    regarding downhaul, jeremy clarkson once said
    "god did't even have this much power when he invented swindon"
    May not be an exact quote but my downhaul has more power than swindon too!

    the expression sweet jesus springs to mind when you see all five little sheaves sitting in a cluster on the tack. Its got 10:1 at the moment, but I think i will finish it with a cascade to double it - 20:1!

    once I have improved the arrangment of the sheaves I will post a photo. I will also be running a 1:32 internal vang. Controls will disappear up into the boom and a single line will emerge thru an exit block connected to the bottom of the mast step.

    Now I got to work out how the takeup system is going to work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got cradle sorted? A busted office chair doesn't count.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 20:1!!! Surely that is too much power for one man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good. Disappointed to see that n4kla is a real person and not just a figment of markla's imagination - did you have to go and ruin the illusion with a photo of his hairy leg? You had such a good thing going mrkla - like Brad Pitt and Ed Norton in Fight Club.

    ReplyDelete
  7. M4rkla's imagination is so powerful, thanks to the awesome power obtained with the super downhaul, that he can will Narkla into and out of existence as he desires. Usually I am summoned when he needs more hands to work on the boat. Think of me as a genie, without all the bottle rubbing.

    ReplyDelete